Sunday, September 11, 2016

Reverse Confetti's Sketch for You to Try #40

Today, I have two cards to share for this month's
Sketch for You to Try at Reverse Confetti:


For my first card, I decided to use Butterfly Dreams and Rose Garden.


I started by diecutting the largest butterfly from Butterfly Dreams using the
Butterfly Dreams Confetti Cuts and stamping it first in purple 
and then sponging navy ink onto the stamp and stamping again, using my MISTI.
I repeated the same technique for the smaller butterflies on my card.


I stamped the sprig from Rose Garden onto a strip of watercolour paper
in several colours and went overtop of them with a paintbrush and water.


  

 

And for my second card, I used the new Forest Friends stamp set
that is a collaboration between Reverse Confetti and Simon Says Stamp
for STAMPtember (details can be seen here.)


I stamped the adorable images from the stamp set in versamark on watercolour paper
and heat embossed them in white.
I coloured them in with my Zig Markers and a water brush.


I stamped the sentiment (from Bear Hugs) on a strip of patterned paper
and matted my card on kraft cardstock.

Want to play along with the September SFYTT
Click here for details.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

That fox is too cute and I enjoy the purple in your first design.

~amy~ said...

Love your ombre butterfly...your Forest Friends card is absolutely adorable!!!

Patti said...

FANTASTIC! product!! I love these RC products!!

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

Oh that butterfly is so pretty, wonderful card! And how cute are the critters. Another terrific pair of cards Leigh!!

Audrey Pettit said...

So adorable! Really love your soft watercolor looks on both, and love that two-tone stamping on the butterflies!

Celeste Goff said...

Two gorgeous cards Leigh! I love those RC butterflies and think I'm going to have to cave and finally get them because I have not seen a single card created with that set that I didn't like!