Saturday, August 20, 2016

Bible Journaling -- Psalm 91:4

Today, I have a piece of Bible Journaling to share with you.
I was inspired by this post from Dawn McVey yesterday,
where she shares several beautiful examples of Bible Stamping.

When I first decided to Bible Journal, I liked the idea of doing
my own lettering in my Bible and spent time working on perfecting my lettering.
But, I found I just wasn't creating the pages that I'd hoped to in my Bible.
Part of me felt like I was a little stuck, part of me felt it needed to be perfect...
but Dawn's post helped remind me that it's perfectly okay to just stamp
in my Bible, and not feel like I have to do my own lettering. 
Just like I have different styles when I create cards,
I can have different pages in my journaling Bible.

So here's my page:


I used my Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers stamp set to stamp my verse
and feathers.


I just love this verse!
I came across it in my devotions this week as I was reading
Psalm 31 and was inspired to create a page for it.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful page !!!!!

Ineke X

*Vicki* said...

Oh how pretty! I haven't see too many people doing the Bibles!! Great idea!! :)

Lindsey said...

Beautiful, Leigh!!! I think different types of pages is a great idea. It combines so many things you love and artistic talents that are certainly gifts from God.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks wonderful Leigh, very pretty!

Vikki H said...

Oh, I like this. Its so pretty! I've enjoyed Dawn's posts and yours today inspires me further to try this in my Inspire Bible.

Celeste Goff said...

Leigh, this is just gorgeous! Your children will pass this beautiful bible down to their children!

Kris said...

Beautiful page, Leigh! Placing on the page what's in your heart is what's important. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty!

Monika/Buzsy said...

This is so pretty Leigh. Love the bright colors. I have the same problem... I feel I have to letter and do this, do that... but it can be as simple as this... and still be yours and meaningful. I have to just break into my journal Bible... did you prime your page?

Audrey Pettit said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Leigh!!!!