Sunday, June 07, 2015

Make It Monday #213: Cool Condensation Effects

Today, I have a card to share that I made using this week's 

I was very inspired by Betsy's card and decided to use
the same stamp set for mine.
I used Lawn Fawn's Summertime Charm for my jar.

Make It Monday 213 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Think Big Favourites #5) and jar in Versafine onyx black
and heat embossed it in clear.
I masked off my jar and inked the inside in hawaiian shores and aqua mist.
I masked the sides of the jar to stamp my flowers from Brushed Blooms in Altenew's Frayed Leaf,
Buttercream, Caramel Toffee & Paper Bag.

Make It Monday 213 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I added the condensation with Glossy Accents.

Before I go, I thought I'd share a comparison between the new Altenew dye inks
and the Papertrey Ink's that I have in similar colours.




I've been really pleased with these new inks!
I'm sure if they release more colours, I will get them...

A friend asked how they generational stamp. 
Here are a few examples:



If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Love your card. And the inks look fabulous!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous card Leigh! I love the ink comparisons! I just got a set of the Ranger inks - I'm really happy with the vibrant colours.

Ruth said...

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for the comparison with the new inks. So many to choose from it gets confusing, but these look like the generational stamp really well. Xx

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks so much for these fab color swatches, Leigh.. you are such a generous friend! Your darling little jar of flowers? I want it sitting on my counter! So beautiful... perfect colors!
=] Michele

Teresa said...

very pretty card. I never thought to use that jar set for a sympathy card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hussena said...

Wow !! your card is so gorgeous ..Love it!!..Thank you so much for the comparison between the inks ..Really looking forward to getting some Altenew inks and your review really helps :)

Rubeena I. said...

Beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for the comparison!

Diana K said...

Love the card that you made for MIM, Leigh. Gorgeous inking for the water plus you used amazing colours. Thanks so much for the comparison of inks; I've been meaning to ask if you're enjoying the Altenew inks.

gardener said...

Thanks a ton for the comparison. Very helpful.

Kathryn A said...

Love your card! And thanks for the ink comparison! I was wondering how they would compare ;). Do you have PTI's Harvest Gold to compare with the Altenew yellows?

Marcia Hill said...

Really pretty card Leigh and love the soft and subtle colors you used. Thanks for the ink comparisons too...looks like the Altenew colors are a little more vibrant. Good thing there's room for all sorts of colors out there! :0)

Sheri Elmont said...

Lovely card. Perfect for the occasion. I am intrigued by the new Altenew inks so thanks for showing us the comparison.

Cindy Groh said...

Lovely card. It would brighten someones day, for sure.