Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Card Concept #31

Today I have a card to share that I made for 


I decided to use some of my Reverse Confetti products to make my card.
And since I don't have any RC cupcake products I had to do my favourite thing -- get creative!
Here's my card. It's clean and layered.


I layered a doily that I bought at my LSS over some kraft cardstock,
on which I stamped my sentiment (from Sweet Thing) in versa mark and heat embossed in white.
I stamped my banner (from Tag Me Confetti Cuts) from some aqua mist cardstock, 
which I stamped using one of the striped stamps from So Stripey.
Now, for the cupcake...


For the liner, I diecut some kraft cardstock using a die that's being released next month.
(You'll have to wait and see what it is.... but it isn't meant to be a cupcake liner!)
I also stamped this with a stamp from So Stripey.
Then, I did some smooshing on my white cardstock using some berry sorbet ink
and diecut it with the larger cloud from Sun 'n Clouds Confetti Cuts. So fun!
A little button is my raspberry on top!


 

  

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute cupcake, Leigh! Love the doily in the background too! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Stéphanie Tsang said...

That really is creative. I love how the cupcake turned out!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Love the doily and the colors!

I Card Everyone said...

I love my frosting light as a cloud, Leigh!! Darling, and creative, indeed! But it is not nice to tease us!
=] Michele

Megan Carroll said...

Super cute and creative! Love that pop of red!

alexandra s.m. said...

What an adorable take Leigh!
Love the tiny cupcake and the contrast with the kraft paper ;)
Thank You

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful Leigh! Love your fluffy frosting and the cut doily. The doily is a perfect mat/ frame for your cupcake!
I just made a birthday card for a friend with a cupcake theme!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh that is the sweetest cupcake! Thank you for sharing at the Card Concept!

Alanna said...

Super cute card. I love the cupcake and am interested in what the new die is.

Lisa Elton said...

I love your creative cupcake Leigh, great use of your RC products!!

Audrey Pettit said...

So cute and so creative, Leigh! Your cupcake turned out perfectly! Love that you used a cloud die and some other secret die to put it together. Adorable!

~amy~ said...

Sooo sweet and clever!

Joyce said...

What an adorable card, Leigh. Just love that cupcake.

Kerin said...

Oh such a sweet cupcake, and I love the doily background! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week :)

Jill Norwood said...

Love the cupcake you created! Adorable card!!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card & great creativity, love the cupcake :)

cm said...

Simply delicious, Leigh! The colours, the design and especially, that 'raspberry'-topped cupcake! Dessert for the eyes, indeed!
~c