Friday, March 20, 2015

Five for Friday

1. There's no school today because it's parent-teacher interviews for Sage & Jonah.
As is my tradition, I made butter crunch for the teachers, which I think they'll enjoy.
I made some cute tags for them, which I'll share next month in
a "teacher-appreciation blog hop" I'll be participating in with Reverse Confetti.

By the way, I made a new "page" on my blog for recipes.
So far, I've added butter crunch. :)


2. I got to go to Brandon yesterday with Austin and Jonah's choirs.


Unfortunately, we missed Jonah's performance because we came on a later bus.
I did manage to catch a bit of the adjudication, though.
That's Jonah in the back row, on the far left.



Austin's choir sang five songs and they did a fabulous job!
On the fourth song, Austin had a large solo part -- he sang it wonderfully!
That's him in the middle, singing into the mic.



I'm so thankful that I have a job (I'm a substitute teacher) where it works for me to go
and do things like this to support my kids (& engage in their experiences).


3. I went for two bike rides this week!
Two years ago, I didn't go for my first bike ride of the season until May,
so going twice in the middle of March is a little unheard of.


A selfie of my best girl and me when we went for a walk Sunday evening.


4. I have a new show that I'm watching and really enjoying.
It's on Netflix and it's called Lie to Me.
I've been watching it with Austin. There are three seasons and we just started season 2.
Have you seen it?
I'm liking how it's making me more away of facial expressions and body language.
What shows are you enjoying right now?


5. As I shared recently in this post, Jonah's Jazz Choir is going to Banff at the end of April
and we have been doing fundraising for his trip.
In April, the choir is hosting a coffee house and they're setting up a Chinese Auction.
The choir director asked if we could donate prizes, so I made three card sets to donate.
I shared two of them here.
Here is the third set I made, using PTI's Lovely Laurel's Mini Kit.

I actually decided to just use the beautiful 4.25x5.5 patterned papers that were included in the kit
to make my set of cards.


For my first card, I diecut the two pieces of patterned paper using
Mama Elephant's Femme Frame dies.
So quick and easy!

For my next two cards, I cut the printed panels apart, as well as the grey patterned paper.
I added a tiny scalloped border using PTI's Heart Border die.







And for the last two cards in the set, I diecut the printed panels using the Shaker Shapes: Circle dies
and created a frame for them using aqua mist and Bazzill Basics Bling cardstock in Tiara.





To package them, I just put the cards, along with some envelopes in the clear box
that the Laurel Leaves kit came in.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Joan B said...

Love those cards

Betty said...

your cards and your children are lovely, the butter crunch sounds delish and "lie to me" is a fantastic series - i'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute family pics Leigh!! Love these cards too, the Laurels are so pretty!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Great pics! These card are so beautiful.

I Card Everyone said...

Happiness lives here, every day, not just Fridays, that is for certain! Thanks for sharing, Leigh!
=] Michele

Shona Chambers said...

This is so pretty and feminine. And always enjoy seeing your family photos, you all look so happy!!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful pictures! And lovely card set! I will have to check out "Lie to me" on Netflix! Sounds interesting!

Megan Carroll said...

Fun post Leigh! Your card sets are fabulous'

Happy Dance said...

So nice that your boys enjoy the choirs! We grandmas like to see that, lol! Spring here too, only the city is about to install new water mains on our street, so I fear there will be a muddy mess for the next several months. TV...we've been watching the NCAA basketball tournament, and then the baseball season starts. The cards you've made are lovely. Someone lucky will win this bid. They are just beautiful. Happy Spring! Bev

Lynn said...

Love to see your children soaring with their activities. It makes my heart sing! I'm sure they were all amazing! Love your beautiful cards too Leigh!

Kay Miller said...

Your pictures were so fun to see! Love the ones with you and your kids :) Fun to read all about what you're doing too! Your cards are stunning! I just got this kit and can't wait to do something with it too!

Lisa Lara said...

Love seeing the photos of you enjoying your children Leigh. Just love these cards.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh and it is so nice to "see" you!
Thank You for sharing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your Five for Friday posts are just so beautiful, Leigh! Love getting a peek of what you are up to and seeing how big your kiddos are getting! And your card set is really beautiful! Such gorgeous colors and I love how you showcased the pretty patterned papers!

cm said...

A zillion apologies for falling behind in commenting, Leigh. I'll blame my mom for all the running around we're doing *grin* Again, your Five for Friday posts are pure delight! Your sons singing, you and your daughter bike- riding (how fabulous is that photo of the two of you), your teacher-treats, and of course, your GORGEOUS cards see me sitting here, on a snowy Wednesday morning, with a smile alllllllll over my face! Thank you for sharing special moments with us; I treasure the glimpses into your life!
~c