Monday, March 09, 2015

Chickaniddy Crafts: white space

Today, I have a card to share that I made using one of my favourite elements: white space.
I've always been a huge fan of white space on cards and scrapbooking layouts
 -- it allows the eye to rest and draws more attention to the elements on your project.

To make my card, I used some Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious products.

I paired a diecut from the Scrumptious Diecut Tags with some stickers from the Scrumptious Illustration Stickers.

 

Here's my card:

 I started with some white cardstock that I layered over a piece of Scrumptious Friends and Family patterned paper that I trimmed to 4.25x5.5".
 I cut a piece of Scrumptious Check Please patterned paper to 1x4" and adhered it to the top of the white cardstock and stitched it in place with a zig zag stitch.
 I diecut a banner from the back of the Scrumptious Check Please patterned paper (with PTI's Get a Handle on It) and layered it on my card with the diecut from the Scrumptious Diecut Tags 
(on this, I stamped the sentiment from Twirly Girly Clear Stamps.)
 The diecut I used already had a flower at the top, so I added a couple more from the Scrumptious Illustration Stickers.
I wanted to add a couple more leaves, so I used a leaf diecut from my collection (PTI's Turning a New Leaf) 
and diecut the green stalks from the corn stickers on the sheet -- this worked perfectly!

Here's a close-up:



How about you?
Do you like including white space on your cards?

Oh, and before you go, I have another card on the Chickaniddy Crafts blog today, 
if you'd like to check it out.

Here's a peek:



Click here to see more.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I LOVE that card, Leigh! The layered banner strips and flowers are SO sweet, and I really love your design. Your use of white space is brilliant!
Loving your peek, too! Totally intrigued by that brushstroke heart...

Marlou McAlees said...

soooo beautiful ♥

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your card Leigh and I'm a huge fan of white space!
Thank You~

!neke said...

Just love it !!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful !

Karen C. said...

Love your card design, Leigh. It really highlights the floral arrangement and banners. I always struggle using patterned papers, so I will have to try a stitched strip across the card top - it looks very neat!

cm said...

You've worked magic with the white space, and the cluster of flowers/tags...simply stunning! Another gorgeous card of yours to adore!
~c