Friday, May 02, 2014

Pages With Papertrey #33

Today I have a layout to share for Pages With Papertrey Challenge #33
which is to include journaling in more than one place on your layout.

I created my layout using a sketch comes from Create: Sketches:


It's a 8.5x11" sketch, but I converted it to a 12x12".
I didn't have a bunch of tiny photos printed up, so I decided to use one 4x6" photo instead.

Here's my layout:


I used some Fancy Pants patterned paper and letter stickers (pink).

For my title, I cut the "Valentine" out on my silhouette from the same white cardstock
as my background (American Crafts).


From some coordinating patterned paper, I diecut the two hearts using my
Reverse Confetti's Love Note dies.
I added a PTI button and twine.


Here's the first part of my journaling:


Since I had three stories to share (one for each of my kids), I decided to use my
PTI Edger's #5 dies and create three tabs -- one for each of them -- that I can
pull out to reveal my journaling.
I stamped their names using a Studio Calico stamp that my friend Mandy gave me.
It's like a date stamp, but with letters instead of months and numbers.


I diecut each of the tabs from patterned paper and sewed them to some PTI which cardstock,
on which I'd printed my journaling.


If you decide to create a layout for this challenge,
please link it either here in the comments or here on the PTI forum.

Thanks for looking! 

12 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet layout! I love how you did the journaling with the tabs for each kid.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty page Leigh, love the colors! Those little tabs are such a great idea, so cute!!

Kim Edsen said...

Love the hidden journaling and the heart cluster with the button!

Deb said...

Leigh, beautiful layout and awesome challenge! I love the journaling in multiple places.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Leigh! Are you awake today after last night (PTI) lol :-)

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous!!!! What a Fab layout :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Leigh and I love the tabs!!

Happy Dance said...

Oh so sweet, Leigh! Beautiful papers, gorgeous colors, and love, love, love how you've worked the extra journaling in with the die cuts. And lest I forget, your kids are darling! How proud you must be. Bev

canadian_liner said...

Now this is my kind of scrapbooking--the kind that shares the stories behind the photos, capturing those moments we want to remember when the kids have left home! Great crew you have there! Thanks for your comment on my steampunk shaker!

Greta said...

Creative & adorable, Leigh!

Megan Carroll said...

Love this Leigh! The tabs with your journaling is great!!

Danielle Flanders said...

So cute, and I love that sketch, might have to give it a try!