Friday, May 30, 2014

Five for Friday


It's been a while since I've posted a "Five for Friday."

1. It's been a busy week. I've been working a few days, cleaning the house/purging/getting ready for a garage sale next weekend & trying to find a little time to craft.

2. Yesterday, I got to go along with Jonah's grade on their field trip to Winnipeg. 
We took this selfie on the bus. I love it!


We went to the zoo.


And the Legislative Building.


It was such a great day!

3. Today, I'm off to Winnipeg (again!) but this time with Sage's field trip.
We're going to the Children's Museum.

4. I've been totally loving the summer weather we've been experiencing lately! 
I'm going for lots of bike rides and walks (I've hardly used our van at all!)
And, I'm loving the fresh fruit-- every day for lunch I have a big bowl of watermelon, strawberries and grapes. It's the best!

5. I have one crafty thing to share.
After the kids were in bed last night, I hurried downstairs to my craft area to make a card 


I just had to CASE this card by Wida, since I've loved it every since I saw
it on her blog and pinned it. 
And now, I was given permission to CASE it (love this!), so I just had to play along.
Here's my card:


I stamped some text background (PTI's Text Style) in hibiscus burst.
I stamped the Wplus9 Spring Blooms in Delicata gold ink, with their centres in aqua mist.
The SSS Hello die was die cut from hawaiian shores card stock.
Some Pretty Pink Posh sequins (4mm Aquamarine, 6mm Aquamarine, 6mm Pink Peonies)
& some stitching along the top finish it off.

I'm linking this up to this week's 

Tomorrow, we're back in Winnipeg (three trips in three days for me!)
to volunteer at a taekwondo tournament.
Then, on Sunday, we'll be crashing at home, I'm sure!

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've been a busy bee! Such a pretty card! I like the bit of stitching and the text background.

merryf said...

Leigh, it's a beautiful take on the inspiration! Sounds like your week was busy *and* fabulous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous that you are enjoying time with your kiddos so much Leigh! Love your CASE study, a winner to me!

Kara said...

pretty gold blooms!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous take on Wida's card! I really love the stamped text you added!

cm said...

Fabulous Five for Friday, Leigh! We lived in Winnipeg years ago (my grandparents' farm is near Tolstoy/St. Pierre) and I have only fond memories. One of these days, we need to come for a visit! You've captured some wonderful moments to treasure. Now your card: a lovely case of Wida's card. Soooo pretty!
c

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE your card, Leigh, great job with interpreting Wida's card!! That's an awesome selfie of you and your son, he's a handsome little fellow :)

laurie said...

I like all those sequins...so pretty!

Chrissy Larson said...

So busy and so fun! LOVE this card. The text in the back is GREAT!!

Michelle said...

Leigh, this is such a fabulous CASE of Wida's card! Wow! I love it!

Your field trip with Jonah looks like fun! This is one of the things I really miss now that I work all week - spending time with my kids at school activities.

Tasnim said...

What a pretty card. LOVE your stamping!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers! The photo of you and your son is so cute!!!!

anja curvers said...

Such a pretty card love your stamping. Thank you for joining us over at CASE Study.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love this post Leigh!
Great idea this 5 on Friday!!
Your card is sensational!!

Anni said...

This is so great! Love that your card is similar to Wida's but totally yours!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!
Anni

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! What a great take on your inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Lagene said...

Beautiful card, congrats on your win!