Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pretty Pink Posh Blog Hop

*Note: this is my second post for the day. 
Please scroll down to see my Reverse Confetti SFYTT post. Thanks!


I was super honoured to be asked by my friend, Paulina Nakamura of Pretty Pink Posh
to be a part of her Grand Opening Blog Hop.

She is selling some really fabulous embellishments in her shop
and she sent me the cutest sequins to play with!

Today, I'll be sharing two cards and one layout that I made with the Classic Christmas Flat sequins.
Here's the first card....


This first card was made using some Wplus9 stamp sets to create the wreath (Merry & Bright) 
and the banner (Basic Banners).
I embossed the background with a PTI woodgrain impression plate and then added some sequins 
as a finishing touch.

I'm linking this card up to the Monday Mood Board #24 at Wplus9.


For my second card, I used some Pink Paislee patterned paper.
I die cut one of my PTI In the Meadow dies and die cut the tree from my card stock. 
Then I adhered sequins to my patterned paper so that they would fill the opening.



A Wplus9 banner and sentiment, heat embossed with cream embossing powder 
on gold shimmer cardstock, finishes it off.

And lastly, I want to share the layout I made using the sequins that Paulina sent me.


I used some Pink Paislee patterned papers and chipboard sub-title.
I added some sequins as embellishments.


To create my title, I die cut my letters using my new PTI Bookprint alphabet dies.
Then I stamped over them with one of my Reverse Confetti So Stripey stamps to dress them up a little. 

This layout is for this month's Pages With Papertrey Challenge: add some sparkle to your layout: you can add bling, glitter, shimmer cardstock, sequins, etc. along with one Papertrey Ink product.

So, those are my projects for today.

There will be Pretty Pink Posh prize packs up for grabs to two lucky people, 
so please leave a comment here on my blog to be entered to win.

Then hop on over to the other members participating in the hop and leave comments there, too, 
to increase your chances of winning.

Here's the list of the blog hop participants:

Leigh Penner (that's me!)

Paulina will announce the two winners on her blog on Thursday, December 5th.

Oh, and you might want to take advantage of this, too:


Thanks for looking!

41 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful wreath!

Sherrie M. said...

Great use of sequins on these projects, especially the tree! What do you use to adhere them? My glue always makes such a mess! Will check out this new shop too....thanks for letting us know about its opening.

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to find the perfect sequins. I think I have found them.

Barb said...

Love the bling on the wreath card. The sequins add such sparkle. The sequin tree is so cute!

cm said...

Wow, Leigh - what a trio of delightful creations you've shared, each a wonderful way to showcase the products at the new PPP shop! How special and exciting that your creativity and talents are taking part in helping Paulina realize her dream! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
c

Kari said...

I love all your projects!

Alanna said...

I love your cards and especially the trees with all of its sequins. Great scrapbook page as well.

Dana said...

Leigh you always do such lovely work. The wreath card is delightful with that woodgrain BG, and your tree card made me gasp...such rich, vibrant colors! But it was the LO that stole the show:) That photo of the "fake smile for mom again" faces on your kiddos is precious! I get the exact same things from my two:)

~amy~ said...

Leigh, all your projects are simply wonderful!

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful cards and such a GORGEOUS layout! I love all this sequin love :)

Paulina said...

Oh my, all of these are absolutely stunning. I love how each one is so unique and yet they all use the same sequins! That my dear, shows true talent. :)

I'm so blessed to have you in my life and thankful that you were able to be a part of this blog hop. Thank you for everything, Leigh!

Jennifer said...

What awesome creations! Love the first card with the wreath...and the sparkle on your LO.

Allison P said...

Such fun and festive projects! I'm really liking those flat sequins!

Unknown said...

Love your creations Leigh! I'm falling in love with flat sequins! I have to check out Paulina's store :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All beautiful creations Leigh! Hope you are having fabulous weekend--we are decorating today!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful!

My Paper Epiphany said...

The tree is stunning and the wreath card is so beautiful! I wish I could master your knack of random placement!

StampinLouie said...

Leigh love your sequined tree. Been following your blog for several years and love it.

SugarGem said...

Oh my fantastic projects. Love how you used the sequins

Wendy G. said...

You used the sequins so well on your projects!

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous cards! Love, love, love the white woodgrain background; really makes the sequins pop.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So so so pretty! I love the flat sequins!

Heather North said...

Super trendy projects!

None None said...

Wow, these are gorgeous cards. Love the sequined tree - stunning!!

Christiana said...

All of your projects are so awesome! You did a great job of showcasing Paulina's lovely sequins!

Lisa Elton said...

Love everything Leigh!! Your fist card with the wispy pine wreath is my fave, so fresh and pretty!!

ferrellm said...

I love how you made the tree with the sequins!

Janis said...

Esp love your wreath card. It's simple beauty is enhanced with your light touch of sequins.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

Jennifer K said...

Love the wreath card - so pretty and vibrant! And now I must put the WP9 Basic Banners set on my Christmas list. :)

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Really, reeeaaaallllly nice projects!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous projects! I am really loving those flat sequins!

Sue D said...

the sequins are a perfect festive touch on all your projects.

alexandra s.m. said...

so much inspiration and creativity packed into one post! Wow! Thank You Leigh!!

Joni Andaya said...

Much Inspiration! All fabulously done!

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty cards Leigh! I love the Christmas tree!

And adorable pics of the kids :)

Hey, btw did you get me email?

Regards,
Vithya

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects. I specially love your xmas tree. Also, loved your card with the miseltoe. I need to invest int he woodgrain folder. TFS.

Mandy LaCroix said...

LOVE, LOVE your wreath card! very beautifully executed! Hugs!

Iris said...

Beautiful projects - love the sequins.
isoscia at aol dot com

Joyce said...

Great projects with those sequins. And, now you have me going off to check out the new store.

Indy's Designs said...

Love all the sequins. So many great projects! Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey said...

Adore these cards and the sprinkling of sequins on your layouts.