Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crafty Peeps Card Kit Club -- December


Lori Lindsey was in charge of our Crafty Peeps Card Kit Club for December and she sent out a terrific kit,
filled with super sweet Christmas-themed patterned paper, embellishments and diecuts.
 
I ended up making one card and two tags with the supplies she sent....

Here's the card:



I layered some of the patterned paper from the kit over some white cardstock.
Then I added the snowflake, flair & decorative brads.
I cut a banner from the patterned paper from the kit.
I cut another banner from my own red cardstock and stamped a sentiment from Wplus9's Merry & Bright in versamark and heat embossed it in white.

I made both tags using PTI's Tag Sale #5 by diecutting two tags from patterned paper
 and layering them together.
For the top tag, I ran the end through my diecutting machine a second time
 to trim a bit off of the bottom.


I added a little tag from the kit, on which I stamped PTI's From Me to You sentiments.
I also added some brads from my stash.

 
And for my second tag, I made a banner from white cardstock and
stamped a sentiment from Wplus9's Heartfelt Holiday.

And I have one more card to share today...


I created the background by making a mask using my PTI Mighty Oak cover plate and some cardstock.
Then I layered it over some vintage cream cardstock and applied some embossing paste.
 
 
I stamped the owl from Lawn Fawn's Winter Owl onto some cardstock and cut it out.
Then I paper-pieced him using some Pink Paislee patterned paper.
I used a PTI Bubble Talk die to make my speech bubble, onto which I stamped my sentiment.
 
Make Your Own Background.
 
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Alanna said...

What fabulous cards and tags and I am totally going to use your idea about that cover plate as a mask because it looks so good with the embossing paste.

Kara said...

cute projects! love the sweet little tags!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful projects! I really love the paste on that last card and the tags are so cute!

Lisa Elton said...

These are all just terrific Leigh! I really like the vintage images on your cute little tags!

Joni Andaya said...

So Awesome Leigh! Your tags are amazing! The owl is so cute!

merryf said...

It's all so cute! Love what you did with the kit this month!

Jen Carter said...

These are all great! You did such a good job with the kit! I hope to play soon!

Joan B said...

oh leigh these are lovely

Megan Carroll said...

Love love love how you used the mighty oak cover plate with the embossing paste....genius!!

Michelle said...

So many adorable little projects! Great job, Leigh! I love your work. It's so creative and fun.

Renee said...

Leigh, they're all fantastic...
love that card and those tags...
I have that paper and it looks SO good cut into tags! :)

craftmates said...

Such an adorable card! - Irma

Nora Noll said...

I love how you layered the tags. Your projects are adorable!!

Joyce said...

Must have been a terrific kit--Your card and tags are just beautiful. And, I am just in awe of your owl card. Love that little guy. I need to figure out what this embossing paste is that everyone is using.