Saturday, December 07, 2013

Bring On the Merry

It seems crazy to me that Christmas is less than 3 weeks away!
Time sure is flying.....
Today, I have a card to share that I made using Reverse Confetti's Bring On the Merry stamp set.


I started by using a stencil and embossing paste to add some falling snow to my background.
Then, I diecut the end of a strip of vellum using the largest tag from Reverse Confetti's Tag Me.
I stamped my sentiments in versamark and heat embossed them in gold embossing powder.
I stitched the banner in place with my sewing machine.
I diecut some mistletoe and used a versamark pen to colour in the berries,
which I heat embossed it in white.
Then I swiped my versamark pad onto some white cardstock and heat embossed it in gold.
I ran this through my diecutting machine with a bow die to cut out my bow.









Make Your Own Background.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Annheidel said...

Love this one! The gold embossing looks pretty on the vellum banner and the cluster of greens/berries ties it off nicely.

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. I love the background and the gold.

Joyce said...

This card is beautiful--just gorgeous. I especially like your snow background and your embossed gold on vellum.

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used, very elegant

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge.

Jo x

Miriam Prantner said...

It really is crazy that Christmas is so close! Love this beautiful card, love the embossing on the berries and the vellum, great textures!

Cheryl said...

I have it on good authority that this card is spectacular in real life. :) Thank you, Leigh! It's gorgeous.

Lindsey said...

Leigh, this is gorgeous! It's one of my very favorites of yours. I love it.

Lindsay said...

I LOOOVE this Leigh! Seriously, everything about it makes me happy!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Leigh!
I love that combo of gold on velum and white...amazing details also!
TFS~

Lee said...

Love this card, Leigh. It's so elegant.

Joni Andaya said...

So Beautiful! Love it Leigh, so loving the colors :)

cm said...

Green, gold, white - and that bold sentiment: yes, love!!
c

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Leigh this card is just stunning! Gorgeous.