Thursday, June 13, 2013

Overlapping ombre


I have two projects to share today for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Overlapping Ombre.
The first is a layout that I made for Austin's junior black belt test, 1.5 years ago. I had to laugh in looking at these photos because of how little Austin looks here. He's now taller than me!


I made a collage in Picasa and had my photo printed out as an 8x10, which made this layout quick to come together. I used some Pink Paislee patterned paper as my background paper and diecut my letters from true black cardstock using my Headline Alphabet dies from PTI.

In the top right hand corner, I added a few banners (cut using my double-ended banner and get a handle on it banner dies). On one of the banners, I stamped my overlapping ombre star (from Framed Out #1) with aqua mist, ocean tides and black ink.


While I had the Pink Paislee patterned paper out on my desk, I decided to piece one of the sheets together to make a card. I mounted it on a sheet of Fancy Pants patterned paper. I added a couple of banners (cut using the same banners as on my layout). I stamped the "congrats to" from All About You in Dark Chocolate ink. On the pure poppy cardstock banner, I stamped an image from Mama Elephant's On Target set.


For the MIM challenge, I stamped the "You" from PTI's Simply You stamp set in Fine Linen, Classic Kraft & Dark Chocolate ink.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Joyce said...

How fast they grow, right? Great card and layout.

DF said...

I love how you incorporated the ombre technique on your scrapbook layout Leigh! It's subtle, but so effective - the perfect touch. The ombre card sentiment is great too!

craftmates said...

Wonderful layout Leigh! Love your ombré look, ESP on the word "you"-Irma

Carolanne said...

Great idea to put the ombré stars on a banner! Also the you turned out great...love how you made it overlap close together. Isn't it wonderful how sons outgrow us :-)

Nancy Penir said...

Hey Leigh, these are great! Your you is perfection in stamping,and the layouts you do always showcase the photos. 2of my 5 were sons, and outgrew momma by 10! They're both in rare air now!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are great! Especially love the ombre on the you in the card. Looks wonderful!

Erin said...

Awesome layout & card, Leigh! I love the "you" in brown... it really sounds out against the grid background!

Kara said...

very cool!! great photos!

Helen F. said...

Great ombre overlapping on your fabulous card, Leigh. Beautiful layout too :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Love the card you were able to make out of the scraps! The triple stamped "you" is so rich looking. And the B&W edging on your layout is so eye-catching!