Sunday, June 09, 2013

A couple more flagged borders


I have a couple more projects that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Flagged Borders that I want to share today.

The first is a layout that I made using this Page Maps sketch:


I looked through my photos, but couldn't find any the right size that were vertical, so I decided to rotate the sketch 90 degrees. I used some American Crafts cardstock and Crate Paper patterned paper and slide frames. 


I loved how perfectly the first photo of Jonah & Sage fit in the little slide frame! You can also see my journaling here, which I decided to just have on the one side.

For my title, I diecut some Lemon Tart cardstock using my Papertrey Ink Modern Alphabet dies. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I stamped the letters using the sunset image from my new WMS My Island set.


I stamped the same WMS image on another piece of Lemon Tart cardstock and then stamped over it with this image from Mama Elephant's Wanderlust stamp set.

I created my flagged border along the side of my photos by diecutting the Crate Paper patterned paper with my Double-ended Banner die and my Get a Handle On It banner die. I stamped the confetti image from PTI's Birthday Style set twice, in lemon tart and classic kraft.


I repeated the confetti stamp near my title, which I created using Fancy Pants alphabet stickers.


Next, I made a card for the 10 minute craft dash #19:


The challenge was the colour combination on the photo's flagged banners, Here's the card I made, using some Crate Paper patterned paper (again, I know.)


I used the same dies as on my layout to created my banners and a stamp from PTI's Birthday Style. And the best news.... I succeeded in making it it less than 10 minutes-- on my first try! Woohoo!

Here's my time:


Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

danni reid. said...

love, love, love your layout and card!

Elena said...

Your stitching is always so perfect! I love the layout so much!

Kara said...

Love how you highlighted certain portions of your photos. Draws your eye to what's important!!

maria f. said...

Oooo, two beauties. Just love those slide frames on your LO. Remind me of the old days (my Dad was a slide guy). And your PP choice for your banners on the card is just perfect. Topped with that winner sentiment. Love it. (and of course your perfect stitching - how DO you do that?!?)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great projects! Loving how you used the slide frames in the layout!

Joyce said...

Love everything here. Those photo frames are very cool.

Renee said...

Love this Leigh...
it's absolutely gorgeous with those slide frames!
And what a fabby card...
and under 10 minutes...
YAY!!! :)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Awesome page! I love how you used the slide frames. And what a beautiful 'quick' card. I'm impressed!

Paulina said...

I don't blame you one bit for using this Crate Paper again- it's BEAUTIFUL! In fact, it's probably something I would hoard....props to you for actually using yours! :)

As usual, you created a stunner, Leigh. I need you to come teach me how to sew on my cards- I adore how it looks, but the one time I attempted it, I ripped my card to pieces! Eeeek!

Thank you for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Leigh - LOVE your banners & fab stitching!
So glad you joined in the fun at 10 Minute Craft Dash - hope to see you again soon :)

cassie said...

What a great card, Leigh! thanks for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!