Saturday, May 04, 2013

One sketch, two cards

I was pretty excited last night to see that Studio Calico had posted their NSD challenges early. I decided to play along and made two cards for Jonah and Sage using on of the NSD sketches, this one by Maile Belles:


Here's the card that I made for Jonah, using Studio Calico patterned paper, My Mind's Eye enamel dots and Papertrey ink cardstock, stamp (from Boy Basics: Game On) and die (from Get a Handle on It).


And I made a matching one for Sage, using the same supplies, but the grey polka dot paper is Papertrey Ink.


The cards are to encourage them today and cheer them on as they test for their poom belts in taekwondo. We're leaving shortly for the test.... I'm starting to feel nervous!

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Luanne said...

Awesome cards! Great layout and a wonderful way to encourage your kids!

StephH said...

Great layout Leigh. I really like that layout from Maile and those patterned papers.Am sure your kids appreciate your encouragement and support. Let us know how they did!

Renee said...

They're both fabulous!
Love the sketch...
and I know they everyone did really well! :)

Kara said...

cool angles!

Camilla said...

Super fine cards, nice sketch too

Cassie_lu said...

love the color combos on both cards and the use of the sketch is excellently done.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

lovely cards Leigh! I really like the colors on the 2nd one! :)

Cindy Lee said...

These cards are calling out to me! LOVE!!!