Monday, October 01, 2012

PWP Challenge #14

Happy October 1st!

While I don't like to rush through the months, I've been looking forward to October for a while now.... I'm looking forward to spending time with family this upcoming  Thanksgiving weekend, on the 18th, I'll be going to The Women of Faith conference in Minneapolis and  right after that, I'll be returning to the DR Congo with a team from my church.

I created this layout earlier in the summer, in anticipation of my return to Africa. I also decided to use it as the next Pages With Papertrey challenge, which is to use the same stamp repeatedly (more than once) on your layout.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic cream, simply chartreuse), stamps (road trip), twine and dies (fillable frames #9, block alphabet). The stickers are Heidi Swapp and the patterned paper is Making Memories.

So, on my layout, I used the challenge in a couple of different ways... I repeatedly stamped "adventure awaits" to create a border....


And, I stamped the compass stamp once and then again, without reinking.




If you create a layout for this month's challenge, please leave a comment here with the link or here on the PTI forum, because I'd love to see what you make!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layout. Love that border. Wishing you a safe productive trip.

Anonymous said...

your project is great - as always. TFS. Have a great trip in case I forget to mention closer to you going!

Jen Adcock said...

Amazing! Starting with the very modern composition. Such a savvy scrapper you are. Stamped to perfection. Lovely work.

Cecilie said...

What a terrific layout! So cool and funky looking. It is very inspiring.

I've posted my version of this double stamping challenge here: http://ancema.dk/2012/10/love/

Deb said...

Leigh, fabulous lo!!! I love the technique of repeating a sentiment to create a border!