Friday, March 16, 2012

Five for Friday

1. It has been absolutely beautiful here this week! Our snow is melted and today, it's 16 degrees Celsius! Lovely! I went for my first bike ride of the season on Wednesday (ah, bliss!) and we're going to go for another one this afternoon.

2. I got a happy email today requesting one of my cards for publication in the Sept/Oct. issue of Papercrafts magazine!

3. This week was reportcard/parent teacher conferences which went well.

4. Tomorrow, Austin & I are going to be attending a black belt development day with our taekwondo club, which should be interesting. It's Austin's first one.

5. I wanted to share a card that I made for Leah's Papertrey Princess challenge to use the negative of a diecut on a project. I also used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Coloured Kissing.


I used PTI cardstock (fine linen, stamper's select white, sweet blush), stamps (beautiful butterflies, turning a new leaf, pretty peonies) & dies (beautiful butterflies, mat stack #5).

Thanks for looking!
Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

Elena said...

Are you finding the kissing technique easier now? You did a beautiful job! And congrats on more cards being picked up!! Have a great weekend :)

Deb said...

So happy to hear about your publication acceptance. I am not surprised, though. Happy dance for you!

Joyce said...

Congrats on having a good week, and on getting a card published. I always look at the cards in the magazine and go crazy when I see people I recognize, so I'll look for you. Also, great card. I love die cut negatives.

Karen C. said...

Congratulations on your happy news, Leigh!! Your card/colours are just perfect for welcoming a warm and sunny day!! We've had some beautiful weather here as well (North Western Ontario) and it's great to see some sunshine! Have a great week-end.

Unknown said...

Wow...what a great week you had! Congrats on being published..how exciting.

cards by cara said...

Love your take on the kissing technique!! And congrats on the publication! Yay!!

Luanne said...

Leigh, that's awesome! Getting published is a wonderful testimony to your creativity. Congrats! I love the colors on this very pretty card!

Mayol said...

Congratulations on your happy mail! So excited for you!
Plus, great card - i love the colors, and great take on the challenge and the MIM technique.

Leah said...

Congrats on your happy news! Love your card, the kissing looks fabulous on the butterfly.