Friday, December 16, 2011

Five for Friday


1. Well, I finally got around to starting my Christmas baking last Saturday. As soon as I mentioned "Christmas baking", Jonah & Sage got all excited, talking about making the roll out cookie cutter cookies. And...that was it. Apparently, the other 8 or so cookies, squares and tarts that I usually make were not worth mentioning.

And you know what? That's okay. If these are the cookies they want, then these are the cookies they'll get. And this way, I don't have to stress about making so much. It's totally win-win.

So on Saturday, I made some Mini Chip Snowball Cookies and on Sunday, I made some whipped shortbread, as well as some roll-out cookie cutter cookies with my two helpers here...





2. On Saturday, we were invited to a surprise 40th birthday party for my friend, Kathy. We were asked to bring 40 of something as a gift. Since Kathy scrapbooks and makes cards, I gave her a box of 40 diecuts.


Here's a close up of the tag:


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, kraft), impression plate (in bloom), button, twine and dies (tag sale #5, picket fence, love lives here). The patterned paper is Crate Paper and the chipboard numbers are Basic Grey.


3. I attended Jonah's school Christmas concert last night, which was really good! Lots of great singing, and it's always enjoyable to watch this cutie....


He played piano before the concert began. He chose to play Deck the Halls and did a great job!



4. And, I wanted to share today's tag for my 12 Days of Christmas Tags...


Isn't it cute? It's for my secret Santa for our family gift exchange!

To make it, I die cut some PTI cardstock with my PTI Alphabet Block dies (the question mark) and Tag Sale #5. I adhered the little question marks to the tag and then layered on a Doily Detail diecut Simply Chartreuse felt. I used my punches to punch the Pure Poppy and white cardstock, which I stamped with BB:newsprint. Then, I added a Jillibean Soup sticker. The button & twine are also PTI and the red ribbon is Offray.

It's going to drive my kids nuts when I put my gift (once I finish it) under the tree with this tag on it! Ha!


5. And, for my fifth item, I thought I'd share this fabulous video-- it totally made me smile with how clever it is!



Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Elena said...

So fun! We're doing gingerbread cookies today - thomas is super excited to have at that dough:). i love that tag with the picket fence, and your secret santa tag made me smile.

Mayol said...

Looks so much fun baking with your kids! I can't wait for mine to grow old enough to do some "productive" baking with me. Now their whole objective is to make a mess :) Love your box of die-cuts and your tag - i love the question marks (are those embossed?).

carol (krillsister) said...

Your children look so focused making the cookies. Love the apron on Sage. Can't wait to see your Scrapbook page with this picture.
What an awesome gft for your friend; I am sure she loved it and wishes she was older.
Love your secret santa tag. So creative to use a ?

Joyce said...

What a nice week you had, and those cookies look like such fun.