Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My scrap space

I took some pictures of my reorganized space on Saturday and thought I'd share them here.

So, welcome to my scrap space...


...which is located in a corner of our basement.

On the shelving unit to the left of where I sit, on the top shelf, I store my embossing powders, stamp binders, sheet of fun foam to stamp on, dictionary and tools that I don't use terribly often (i.e. anywhere punch & hammer, CM circle cutters, pinking shears, etc.)


On the second shelf, I store my 12x12 cardstock in clear Cropper Hoppers, my "sketches" binder, my binders containing my alphas (one for black & brown, another for colours) and my Papertrey Ink 8.5x11 cardstock, which I store in hanging files by colour.


On the third shelf, I have clear rubbermaid containers. In these, I store non-Papertrey Ink cardstock scraps (the PTI scraps go back in the hanging file folders with the full sheets), my acrylic paints, my inks and the fourth container has crochet yarn, my SU! spritzer and SU! markers, Q-tips, etc.

On the bottom shelf I have my page protector refills and sewing machine.


On my desk, on the left, I have another hanging files container, in which I store my full sheets of patterned paper, sorted by manufacturer. In front of these, I have my brad holder. Beside the hanging files is a CM accordion file, in which I store my patterned paper scraps. I also have my two trimmers.


I found these colourful baskets at Winners. In the first one, I store my photos. In the second one, I have my tools that I use often (corner rounder, sanding blocks & files, edge distressers), adhesives & thread. In the third are embellishments.


I picked up some more of these black baskets at Dollarama on the weekend. The little one on the left has my Smooch and diecuts in it. The larger one next to it holds my twine, felt & buttons. The one next to that holds my Papertrey Ink stamp sets (which I'm hoping to reorganize this week), my stamps & dies books and my stamp press. The last basket holds my pencils, pens, scissors, craft knives, rulers and craft mat. Behind it are some of my SU! stamp sets.


Next I have some display shelves that Cameron & I had built several years ago when I was selling cards in a couple of local businesses. In these I store my punches (that I use often) and stamp sets.

To the right of my table is the computer desk. If you go around the corner a bit from that, you'll see my new die-cutting station.


I used a wooden island that we had bought years ago at IKEA (until recently, it had been on the other side of the basement, holding an old TV.) You'll notice the pink chair on the right-- this is Sage's craft table. She's quite thrilled that we're sharing the new diecutting station (but that it's actually closer to her!)

I used a couple more baskets to hold my dies...


This larger one holds my alphabet dies (at the back,) my Cuttlebug plates, my TIM Holtz dies and my larger Papertrey Ink dies. It also holds my embossing folders and impression plates. I also have some smaller pieces of Sizzix adhesive sheets in there, too.


This basket holds my Papertrey Ink dies: Mat Stacks, Fillable Frames and flowers.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Lisa Voerg said...

What lovely organization. I wish I could say the same for myself. I love the tin shelf. So pretty.

Tammy said...

Wow! Looks amazing. Thanks for posting the pictures. Ok, you have inspired me to go work on organizing mine - Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Very nice crafting space. Mine is in a corner of our basement, too. Like you, I just love my die cutting station. Everything is right there and ready to go. Yours looks like it has lots of room on the bottom shelves......You have to fill those up quickly, right? LOL

Elizabeth said...

Your room is cute and organized!!! I love those black baskets that you are using a lot, they are adorable!!! You have tons of stuff girlie!!!! You make me want to go through my stuff and organize too!!!!
e.

Beth said...

Leigh, I always come back to your cards when I need inspiration. I love your style! I have also been admiring the card display stands that you and your husband built that you now have all your punches stored in. Would you be willing to share the dimensions of that? I would love to make one for storing punches and other stamping stuff/selling at the Christmas bazaar we have where I live in Niger. If you are willing to share the details my email address is botheras at hotmail.com . Thanks for providing so much inspiration!