Friday, March 11, 2011

Five for Friday: the white edition

My friend, Elizabeth posted her love for the colour white on her blog and asked what we loved about it. I thought I'd respond in a post.

Five things I love about white:

1. It's crisp.
2. It's clean.
3. When paired with other colours, it really makes them pop.
4. It works well for cards, like this one that I made for Sage's teacher who recently had a baby boy:



5. It also works really well for layouts. When I first started scrapping, I did so with CM albums, so more than 95% of the first eight albums in my collection have white background pages. And even though I no longer use those albums, I still often find myself reaching for white cardstock as a "go-to" background.

Here's an example of a layout I made this week with a white background. I made it for the MME challenge #21, with a sketch, on their blog.



The journaling is tucked in at the top.





How about you?
What do you like about white?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Leigh your card is SO beautiful and classy, I love this! And the layout? Right up my alley by using white. I am seriously in love with white!!!! I never thought to word the fact that it is paired well with other colors and makes things pop!!! How clever! :)
Hoping that your weekend is a blessed one friend!
e.