Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A couple of things to share....

With school winding up and getting ready for our family vacation, things have been a little busy around here lately.

In addition to our field trip outings, Austin and I entered the Manitoba Open this past Saturday. Competitors came from Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the States to participate in this huge tournament at the MTS Centre.

(click on the photo to see it bigger)



Austin and I both competed in patterns and sparring. In patterns, neither of us placed in the top three and in sparring, we both got bronze medals. I definitely felt I could have done better in the sparring (that's me in the blue hogo in the bottom right hand picture), but it was a really good learning experience. And it was fun to make some new friends. :)

Here are a couple of layouts that I made with the June CMK kit.






Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Mary - said...

wow - that is so awesome. congrats to you and austin on your bronze metals! i think that it so neat that the two of you share this together! also lovin your projects with the june kit - amazing work! thx for the fab inspo & have a great day! :) smiles, m-

Laina said...

Lovely as always Leigh.
Enjoy your vacation, we leave this weekend too!

Hope said...

I am in love with your "You are" layout. Love the use of buttons on the tree. My friend and I were just talking about how much we love to use buttons. This is a new way to use them and I love it. Happy vacation!