Friday, May 01, 2009

May 1st

Today is:

1. The nine year anniversary of my dad's death. We lost him to cancer in 2000, just before Austin turned one. I still really miss him.

2. The six year anniversary of the day I started scrapbooking. My friend, Anita, was selling Creative Memories at the time and I had a beginner's party at my house. I don't think anyone else I invited caught the scrapping bug, but I sure did!

3. A day of shopping today for my friend, Val, and me! We usually plan several trips a year where we drive to Winnipeg and hit all of our favourite stores (Costco, Winners, Mexx...), eat out for lunch and supper and come home late. It's great!

4. Day five of me posting on the MSS blog. I've been posting tips with scalloped punches all week. If you'd like to check them out, click here.

5. The day that the DT at MSS post the layouts that we made with the May kit. Here are mine:





What is today for you?

5 comments:

danni reid. said...

your work is so amazing Leigh, wow I love the layouts & your thoughts of May 1st! (((hugs))) my friend!
danni

Mary - said...

sending you some hugs today girl! have fun shopping - sounds like it will be a hoot! beautiful work - thx for the inspo! have a great day & a wonderful weekend!! :) smiles, m-

ellen s. said...

oh i love the journaling on the green strips! esp with the orange...beautiful projects!

Michelle StClair said...

15 years ago today, I graduated from college. :)
Happy Friday Leigh!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Sounds like you have a fun day planned! Thinking of you on your dad's anniversary. Your layouts are wonderful!