Thursday, October 09, 2008

A hard week

I'm so tired...

This week has been hard. There's so much to do and I feel like I'm really falling behind. I love the things I'm involved in, and don't want to give any of them up, but I feel like it's hard to keep up with all of my responsibilities at home.

AND this week is suppose to be a week off. Of sorts. When I signed up the kids for their "winter activities" (skating lessons for Sage and Jonah, tae kwon do for Austin and me), I wanted them to start two weeks after soccer season ended, just so I could have a week with nothing up in the evenings. This is that week. So next week, the activities begin! Ack!

I know I need to prioritize. I'd much rather scrapbook, hang out on the computer and have coffee with friends than clean, do laundry, bake, etc. But I know I need to get it together.

Next week. ;)

I think I'm just feeling low because this week started with some terrible news that's affected our church family. And tomorrow I'll be attending a funeral and I have no words for my grieving friends.

But this weekend is thanksgiving. And I am thankful. For so many things....

So, I'm making a list to remind myself of the many blessings God's given me.

1. A loving relationship with my heavenly father.
2. A husband who works very hard to provide for us.
3. Austin.
4. Jonah.
5. Sage. (My life would be so imcomplete without numbers 3 through 5.)
6. My amazing friends (both in real life and online.)
7. Our wonderful house.
8. Two vehicles that run well.
9. Dropping gas prices.
10. A healthy mom who's making thanksgiving supper for us on Saturday.
11. Two awesome brothers, a sister-in-law and the cutest nephew.
12. Two wonderful sister-in-law and a whole passel of nieces & nephews.
13. Good health.
14. A scrapbooking crop coming up next weekend.
15. The country we live in.
16. My church family.
17. Our fabulous children's ministries programs.
18. Music.
19. Opportunities to be creative.
20. Learning new things.
21. Hugs.
22. Emails.
23. That God provides for our needs.

I could go on, but it's after 11pm and I am wiped. LOL!

This week, my wonderful & talented friend, Val & I went around town with a video camera and stopped people on the street (& in some stores, etc.) and asked them what they were thankful for this thanksgiving (this was seriously so much fun!). We got a great mix of responses. (If you're wondering why we did this, it was for our ROX Sunday school program for this Sunday.)

So, now I'll ask you: What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your post, Leigh! I understand what you're going through. I've been pretty overwhelmed myself lately....my DD has had some GI issues for over 3 months that we can't figure out. Had every test, gone to every doctor... It has been a roller coaster experience and I am just tired. So very tired.
But it sure has made me appreciate everything that I have and how blessed I am in my two children. Nothing else really matters.

Lori Renn said...

What a great idea, to ask people what they are thankful for. I for one have a very greatful heart! Happy Thanksgiving!

Crystal said...

That's a great ministry project! I'm sure it was fun to do. I have so much to be thankful for and I dedicated a few posts to it over at my blog - if you have time to come and see. But I completely understand if your week is busy and you are trying to stay on top of things - praying that you can follow Heavenly Father's guiding each day.