Monday, December 31, 2007

A recap of 2007

In our church service this evening, we were asked to draw a picture as a family depicting our past year and where we saw God's fingerprint in our lives.

That one took me a little bit to think about. Our year wasn't overly exciting. Not a lot of ups and downs like some families shared. I wasn't quite sure what to draw.

But then I thought about what God has shown me this past year. And what stood out to me was this: faith at home. How I was going to lead my children spiritually in our home. And for us, this meant incorporating family devotion times, praying together, sharing high/lows of the day/week and blessing my kids every night before bed.

And then I thought about my word for 2007, which was joy.

And I'm not sure if I became a more joyful person in 2007, but I do know that I've found a lot of joy in spending time with my kids in doing the above-- sharing my faith with them.

So I think that's something pretty cool about 2007.

Here's a photo collage of our past year-- we've truly been blessed:

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the collage you created! So many great memories, Leigh!