Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Another inspiring quote

My friend, Heather, is doing a 21 day challenge, in which she creates a page for her art journal everyday. She's posting them on her blog and they are fabulous. Not only wonderfully designed, but filled with honest journaling and wonderful quotes. Here's one from today that really resonated with me:

"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be." Karen Rayn

It's so true. I've been talking with a friend lately who always wants to get to the heart-- the centre of us. What really matters. And this can be hard for me. I don't always want to "go deep." Sometimes, shallow seems safest. But this quote reminds me that I'm only going to live a shallow life, if I refuse to "go deep." So, as hard as it can be, that's where I want to go.

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

Hey you! You are SO sweet! Thank you for your kind words. Love what you wrote and it's so true. Sometimes it's easier and feel safer to not go deep, to just ride along the surface but life is so much more than that, love is so much more than that. It's hard but so incredibly worth it to really dig into people and ourselves.